Welcome to IAIM Baby Massage
New to baby massage? Learn about the benefits…
Baby massage is a long-standing parenting tradition in many cultures, with numerous benefits for both baby and parent. Parents who have attended our course tell us that some of the many benefits can include:
- Strengthening the bond with your baby
- Relaxation for both parent and baby
- Relief from wind, colic and constipation
Why attend an IAIM baby massage course?
The International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM) is the largest and longest standing worldwide association solely dedicated to baby massage. Originally founded in the early 1980s, the IAIM became an internationally established organisation in 1992. Since 1997 we have trained around 10,000 Certified Infant Massage Instructors (CIMIs) in the UK, with many Instructors working in specialist areas such as Neonatal Care.
Our baby massage programme is well respected, well researched and has been endorsed to be a high quality parent education programme. On an IAIM baby massage course you will learn:
- Massage stokes for legs, feet, stomach, chest, arms, hands, face and back
- A short colic routine
- Gentle movements and touch relaxation
- The best time and for how long to massage
- What massage oils to use
- How to adapt the strokes for your baby's individual needs and the growing child
Our baby massage courses offer a wonderful opportunity for you to learn how to communicate with your baby through nurturing touch and massage in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Our instructors deliver the most comprehensive courses currently available in the UK.
Courses are provided in a variety of formats to suit your needs, from group classes to individual instruction in your home.